SUNRISE ended with the SUNSET.
As dawn and the dusk met.
Birds cacophanied, animals cried.
And then tired,
They laid to rest.
And so did mankind, after the day’s quest.
Little did this Manifest World know,
You were present althrough, although.
A shimmering light,
To guide the sight, & hold the world tight.
Some did fight,
But you showed the right.
For we flicker, flicker and flicker;
But you saved us from the falter.
And as I sat under the opalescent evening sky,
Stretching far beyond—-
Till the end my eyes could behold.
Somewhere in the melodies and whispers
Of the orb around,
I think I heard you.
Perhaps it was you who said,
In a voice, half soft, half disarrayed—- “You know,
Life is a Kaleidoscope. You–its intended yet abstract motif.
The more felt, more needed but lesser accepted; The true obvious amidst the unobvious.”
And only then did the epiphany hit.
All this while,
You were the Ray to my Kaleidoscope.
This doesn’t exactly go with the word Astral but I’d like to draw the juxtapositions and resemblances.
- JUST LIKE THE STARLIGHT, THE RAYS IN MY POEM ARE OMNIPRESENT.
- “A SHIMMERING LIGHT”: YOU CAN INTERPRET THAT AS THE LIGHT FROM THE STARS AS WELL.
- “TO GUIDE THE SIGHT”: OF COURSE YOU CANNOT EXPECT THE STAR’S GLIMMERING LIGHTS TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH A DARK FOREST (I.E. IF YOU ARE READING IN BETWEEN THE LINES)
- ALSO GOOGLE SAYS THAT ASTRAL MEANS “relating to a supposed non-physical realm of existence to which various psychic and paranormal phenomena are ascribed, and in which the physical human body is said to have a counterpart.” AND I BELIEVE THE PERSON IN THIS POEM OF MINE IS A PART OF ONE SUCH INTANGIBLE IMAGINARY REALM (MAY BE A SUB-CONSCIOUS DREAM OR REVERIE?)
P.s. Sorry for my terrible sense of poetry, something at which I am not really much skilled. It is just the manifestation of one afternoon’s muse. And tried it after a very very long time(and it’s some 5 months old already).
Please share your thoughts on this one. I would love to know what you think about it.
JUST A NOTE: What I actually tried to mean through this poem is: For all the phenomena taking place around you, you need light to see. An object is either reflecting, refracting or absorbing light. And what you see is the light they reflect. Without light, we are honestly nothing in the dark. Similarly, we are nothing without Hope in the dark den of despair and gloom and failure.
Also MANIFEST WORLD would mean the world we see, hear and perceive. The apparent, visible world.
Do check out another poem I wrote on HOPE IT’S NOT REGRET, IT’S HOPE . I am not much of a poetess. It’s just that sometimes I feel like writing and a poem helps me express better than a piece of paragraph.
- ALL PHOTOS CLICKED BY ME(The 2 on this post that you behold are sunset shots at the River Ganges in KOLKATA, the City Of Joy. For some more pictures of this amazing city, you may visit my INSTAGRAM Account)